Sunday, December 12, 2010

End of Year Response to IET 321

I am a student at the University of Dayton and I am finishing up the class IET 321 Quality management. During this semester we work on a Baldrige audit for a company, which will remain unnamed. We divided the class into seven different groups and gave each group a section of the Baldrige criteria. My group was given strategic planning so we had to focus on the development and deployment of the strategic plan. This was a good opportunity to learn about the industry and become familiar with the process criteria for the Baldrige. I believe that to truly learn and understand concepts you need to get out there experience it firsthand. The class room is good to introduce people to ideas but for someone to truly understand and be able to apply what they learned they need to apply it in a real situation which is what we did in this class. After interview and working with some of the executive member of this company I was able to right a report on their strategic planning. I actually have to get up in the morning and present my findings to the company. I will be focusing on the positive observations and the opportunities for improvement that I saw and notice for this company. This is very important because it will give a leg up for my future because I will be able to talk about this experience in interviews. Like is all about moving up and bettering your which I believe this class did a very good job off. Even though there were some rough times throughout this class I learned and lot and want to thank everyone that worked with me to complete my project.

-TZ

No comments:

Post a Comment