Friday, December 10, 2010

Quality

The other day I read an article about a local business having a high decrease in sales for past year. I started thinking the reasons that this might happen, I decided to ask a friend who worked on the floor of the company what he thought might be the reasoning for this. After talking to him about it I found out that they had brought someone new into management and changed some things in process. He said that the new management wanted to make the process more lean, and in doing so over estimated the capability of their floor employees. I thought I was funny how they tried to make the company better and ended up hurting them more. I was wondering what you guys thought on the situation and how often does this happen in industry?
-S.A

1 comment:

  1. I agree that this is an interesting circumstance because the attempted improvements not only failed but made things worse. I can already imagine the lack of strategic planning that was involved that led to the thought that the plan would work (And I'm sure they thought it would work like a charm, a beautiful ray of hope). This failure to me seems crazy and idiotic, I don't understand how an improvement team could make such a simplistic error, to a degree even, that it would cause as much issue that it did.

    Steve Herr
    IET 321

    ReplyDelete