2) Come up with possible solutions
3) Revert to #1 if solutions are not substantial enough
4) Look at the possible outcomes of each solution
5) Analyze and study the outcome
6) Decide which solution best fits the problem identifed in #1
I choose this method because it is always important to keep in mind that Ideniftying your problem is your most important step. If your team or you personally do not spend a lot of time identifying and working with the problem, it will hurt you throughout your problem solving process. Identifying the problem is refered to very often throughout the problem solving steps. So you must get to the floor and see what actually is causing the problem.